[MUD-Dev] Re: Levels versus Skills, who uses them and when.

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Thu Jan 14 13:35:39 CET 1999

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Holly Sommer wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, J C Lawrence wrote:
> > Yes, the term I'm familiar with for this is "travel points", which
>
> Not sure if they originated it, but the first place I saw this was a few
> years back at one of Owen Elmen's MUDs (probably Arturion Dynasty).

Right you are.  It originated on MUME, which all of Owen's muds drew heavily
upon.  (Part of the reason they were so popular straight of the bat, I think.)

What's he up to these days, anyhow?  Last time I traded posts with him on
rec.games.mud.admin was a couple years ago, and he was pretty jaded.
I recall him making a statement like, "If it takes me more than 10 minutes to
code, it's not worth my time to implement."

Adam W.