[MUD-Dev] Re: Intelligent WebGlimpse archive searching at Kanga.Nu

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Fri Jan 8 21:17:50 CET 1999

On Thu 07 Jan, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Quoting from http://glimpse.cs.arizona.edu/glimpsehelp.html#sect11
> (slightly reformatted):

[everything snipped]

*exasperated sigh*

I am absolutely convinced  that this is all extremely smart and wonder-
full. But what does it mean? I know I am not the brightest light around
this list,  but would it by any chance be possible to translate this in
something resembling english, please?
I understand patterns,  though I somehow doubt we are talking about the
same thing here. But simple strings, strings with classes of characters
sets of strings, wild cards and regular expressions....
Do I need to know about that?

Marian, the eternally confused (hey, I am good at it so why do something
        else?)
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,
Arrows of the Queen, by Mercedes Lackey