[MUD-Dev] The Terrorist Class

Mik Clarke mikclrk at ibm.net
Sat Feb 20 22:22:55 CET 1999

Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad wrote:
>=20
> Harassement and jerks are phenomenas that are generally viewed as
> undesirable by most admins. Now, how would you go about implementing a
> terrorist class on your mud? Is it at all feasible to implement a
> _believable_ terrorist class?

We'll probably have a Nihilist class (and one or two supporting
societies) once CthulhuMud gets established.  It'll need some support in
the code base (for graffiti, phamphlets and bombs). At higher levels the
class might even be able to make 'temporary' changes to the mud world
(but without being builders).  Bugs, spy holes, periscopes and
stehescopes will also be around.  Ranged weapons (snipers rifles) are
also possible, but they tend to unbalance things for the Mobs a bit to
much.

If you take the vie wof a terrorist as 'someone who creates terror' then
having one of our gods animate a Mob like Cthulhu may well qualify.

Mik
--=20
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/2260

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu