[MUD-Dev] Re: Influential muds

Sunny Gulati sunnywiz at radiks.net
Tue Feb 16 15:06:19 CET 1999

Adam Wiggins wrote:
> I think that the most "influential" ones were not necessarily the ones that
> had the most innovations, but the ones that addicted the most players and
> caused them to go off and write their own muds in a similar vein. :)

In that line, most of the mudders I knew came from SunMud (math.ksu.edu
2000?), which shut down sometime in '90.  It was an LP (2.4.x?).  Its
innovation sparked something in us, and we ended up writing a mud
shortly thereafter.  If I could find the source to their final mudlib, I
know several people who would *love* to recreate it for nostalgia's
sake.

Sunny Gulati