[MUD-Dev] The grass is always greener in the other field

Bruce Bruce
Thu Dec 16 15:27:18 CET 1999

Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad wrote:
>Database theory is not my strong side. Maybe there are others that feel =
the
>same way? I am not all that interested in conventional pragmatic databas=
es,
>but the more flexible (theoretically based) ones. If there are other lis=
>members who feel like getting up to date on database/relation/OO researc=
h,
>then maybe we could spawn off a little short term project, ending up wit=
h a
>survey-paper beneficial to the mudding community?

I seem to recall suggesting this type of thing back in the DevMUD days. :=
)
That suggestion went exactly nowhere.  That said, on some of these types =
of
topics, I'm learning about them for my current project to try and make so=
me
decent decisions on things.  I'm just not into writing papers on that
research due to lack of time and no real demand.  The people doing this t=
ype
of server often are already willing to do the research.  Those unwilling =
do the research tend to not be doing the type of server that might requir=
that research.  I've probably insulted any number of people now.

I'm open to collaborating with people who are skilled in these areas thou=
gh.

 - Bruce

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu