[MUD-Dev] Combat systems

Kylotan kylotan at kylotan.eidosnet.co.uk
Sat Dec 11 19:55:52 CET 1999

From: Kylotan <kylotan at kylotan.eidosnet.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 1999 4:51 PM

Sorry to reply to my own post, but...

> Regarding the health/constitution thing - I assume this would be
> equivalent to (current hit points / maximum hit points) in an AD&D type
> system? I use something similar, but I use (1 - sqr(current/maximum))
> so that the effects are not pronounced until the character has
> started taking serious wounding.

I had done this from memory without checking - I actually multiply by 1 -
sqr(1 - (current / max)). This gives a 0% penalty for a 100% healthy
character, a 100% penalty for a 0% healthy character, and a 25% penalty for
a 50% healthy character. I expect there is a better formula to obtain that
curve, but it doesn't come to mind right now :)

--
Kylotan

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu