[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #142 - 4 msgs

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Mon Aug 30 22:47:48 CEST 1999

Marian Griffith wrote:
> Not at all. I think I have refered to the tailor's dilemma to explain
> what I mean.  Basically it comes down to the following: If one player
> does not want to fight/PK and another does,  how can the first player
> protect herself?  Forcing her to learn to fight (which is essentially
> what happens with player enforced justice) is obviously not the right
> solution since she has no interest in that direction  and it seems to
> be wrong to force her.

This is what I'm talking about. "Obviously not the right solution" makes
a large number of assumptions about who you want playing and how you
want them to play. I'm rather pessimistic about games that try to be all
things to all people--but I do think you can pick reasonable subsets and
do pretty well.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assume others think before acting.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu