[MUD-Dev] Virtual machine design

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Mon Apr 19 00:16:17 CEST 1999

"Eli Stevens (KiZurich)" wrote:

> [...]

I'd say both are extremely important.  Basically, you'll want the
ability
to change as much of the world as possible, including players, mobs,
objects,
doors, rooms and scripts if you have them.

Other things like automating the process where you copy over a new world
DB image, or a new server binary also help keep the downtime to a
minimum,
if indeed that causes downtime at all (It does on Scry...).

--
Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444        (Released under GPL)

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu