[MUD-Dev] Terms

Wes Connell wconnell at adhesive.com
Thu Apr 1 10:32:56 CEST 1999

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Ola Fosheim [iso-8859-1] Gr=F8stad wrote:

> virtual reality:
> =09Yes, this term has in fact been used to describe even text-only
> =09MUDs. Probably because of the high hype factor...

Even though the term "virtual reality" has hyped to death, it would be
sorta closed-minded to think that VR requires a Lawnmower Man style
interface. It all comes down to how far away from reality you are willing
to go. Lets face it, no matter how hard we try text-based muds can only do
so much. Point being "virtual reality" can pretty much be any system which
requires some sort of imagination.=20

OT: Im SUPER glad to see at least some mail coming over the list. You
don't realize how much something like this list rocks until it is gone for
a few days.=20

Wes!
wconnell at adhesive.com
An ancient proverb summed it up: when a wizard is tired of looking for
broken glass in his dinner, it ran, he is tired of life.
=09=09-- Terry Pratchett, "The Light Fantastic"

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu