[MUD-Dev] Re: A little help

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at snugharbor.com
Tue Sep 29 18:03:15 CEST 1998

In message:  <Pine.SGI.3.95.980929201007.12997K-100000 at genome.cbs.dtu.dk>
             Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt <hhs at cbs.dtu.dk> writes:

>An alternative that i have yet to see tried out would be a listing
>of everything a person have contributed to the game. Such a listing
>would also be a 'virtual lollipop', but much less meaningless since
>it gives the contributor some social status directly derived from
>the work done. Also you'd not get into problems such as 'why does
>buffy get an admin level for doing xxx, when buffo didn't get one
>for doing yyy .. that unfair!'. If anyone have had experiences with
>this kind of reward (other than monetary) in a multi contributions
>virtual world, i'd very much like to know.

Well, we're not a world per se, but the PennMUSH Dev Team credits
all contributors (and people reporting bugs) in the CHANGES file.
It seems o work really well, and I've heard of people scanning the
CHANGES for stuff from certain repeat contributors (as a filter
for what they want to look at immediately, rather than just when
it comes up).

- Alex