[MUD-Dev] Re: META: What are you looking for in this list?

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 25 01:59:33 CEST 1998

On 22 Sep 98, J C Lawrence wrote:

>   In a telephone call today, Raph raised the question of the purpose
> of the list: educational or research?  Translation: Is the purpose
> of the list to bring the rest of the field up to the current state
> of the art, or is it to advance the state of the art?  The two are
> of course related, but they are also different.

I've always used the list as a sounding board for ideas, both my own
and in response to others, and as a useful resource for odd bits of
anecdotal mud admin experiences and perhaps hard to come by lore.

As for lists true purpose, wasn't it something to do with
a Diaspora of ideas? ;)

--
--/*\ Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD     Internet:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com /*\--
--/*\ Mud Server Developer's Page <http://www.netcom.com/~jlsysinc> /*\--