[MUD-Dev] Let's talk about numbers.

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 25 01:59:33 CEST 1998

On 23 Sep 98, Marc Hernandez wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>
> }It begs the question, "Is the fixed dimensional array evil?"
>
>  Following a 'double when full, half when quarter full' strategy it
> can be shown that access to the array is still constant.  In certain
> algorithms constant array access, but with the ability to grow and
> shrink could be very important.

Arrays that are dynamic at runtime can be good design. :)

The context of my comment is lost here.  It was that of a fixed hard
to modify design because of self-imposed limits versus an open and
flexible design.

--
--/*\ Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD     Internet:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com /*\--
--/*\ Mud Server Developer's Page <http://www.netcom.com/~jlsysinc> /*\--