[MUD-Dev] Re: META: who are we?

quzah quzah
Tue Sep 22 18:24:10 CEST 1998

From: Koster, Raph <rkoster at origin.ea.com> on Tuesday, September 22, 1998 at
2:32 PM
Subject: [MUD-Dev] META: who are we?

>How many of you are from a Diku background, like me?

I am from a Diku background I suppose. (I perfer Merc and Envy over
ROM though - so I guess I prefer the earlier diku variants most.)
Also, by playing around with envy and merc, I taught myself what C
I currently know.

>And might be interested in stuff that is codebase specific?

Actually, I find most any of the code base discussion interesting,
as I am trying (when I get around to doing something to it) slowly
to make one of my own, just for kicks.

 How many find that stuff

>How many think the list is too theoretical, or feel intimidated
>by the frequent posters and by the volume of past history and
>discussions that seems to be requied knowledge in order to
>participate?

I would like to be able to take part in the more technical topics,
but sadly, a great deal passes me by due to my lack of knowlege.
However, I don't fee intimidate, just (pissed/bummed/etc) that I
can't follow some of the threads. However, I know that if ever I
figure out what they're talking about later, I can always go back
and read up on it, hopefully to be able to say, "Ah, now I get it."

>-Raph

-Q-