[MUD-Dev] Re: Equipment Fit, enlightenment

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt hhs at cbs.dtu.dk
Mon Sep 7 13:55:23 CEST 1998

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Matthew R. Sheahan wrote:

> Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt propagated a meme to the effect of:
> > commenting. BOS->fit and BOS->owner isn't enough.
>=20
> this is incorrect.  these two values are sufficient to the implementati=
on.
>=20
[..snip..]
>=20
> void update_fit(object who) {
> 	if(!fit)
> 	  owner =3D who->name();
> 	else if(who->name() =3D=3D owner)
> 	  fit++;
> 	else
> 	  fit--;
          ^^^^^
> }

Ahh! :-P

That last bit (^^^) confused me, since Holly wrote this as=20
"Each MUDday that Ackbar wears the boots, so, BOS->fit +=3D 1;" Ofcause=20
that was the 'reported' fit that would increase, not the stored, which=20
would be decreased. I must be getting old :-)

Hans Henrik St=E6rfeldt         | =20
email: bombman at diku.dk        |  voice:      +45 40383492=20
  hhs at cbs.dtu.dk              |  voice work: +45 45252425
phone-mail:                   |  address:
  40383492 at sms.tdm.dk         |       Hans Henrik St=E6rfeldt,
WWW-home                      |       Dybendalsvej 74 2. th,
  http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/hhs/  |       2720 Vanl=F8se, Danmark.

Student of Computer Science   | Scientific programmer at Center for
  and Information Psychology. |   Biological Sequence Analysis,
  at University of Copenhagen |   Technical University of Denmark.