[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev's DevMUD: a word of caution

Sat Oct 31 22:49:47 CET 1998

Chris Gray wrote:
> Postscript isn't software. Its a text output language. In my opinion its
> also a horrible one. Likely designed by committee or something.

Not _text_ output :). Anyway, it is to be executed, it meets some
requirements, it is a software project.  And I think it is excellent...
(Except for some limitations (dictionaries, which makes encapsulated
postscript somewhat tricky))

> The first version of UNIX was done by 2 or 3 guys in their spare time, in
> order to meet their own goals. I really doubt any formal planning was done.

I think it was made by one guy, Ken Thompson, but don't forget that MULTICS
came first...

--
Ola