[MUD-Dev] Re: PDMud thread summary

Adam J. Thornton adam at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Sat Oct 24 00:12:43 CEST 1998

On Fri, Oct 23, 1998 at 10:54:42PM -0400, ApplePiMan at aol.com wrote:
> How very true. =) We *do* have a rather elite committee working on this
> one, however (at least when compared with your average design committee).
> Maybe we can buck the odds...

But, hey, let's be aware of it.  We don't want an ALGOL-68 here (yeah, I
was a historian of computing).

Be fascist.  Keep the core lean.

If you think MAYBE it might be doable as a module, implement it as a
module.  Let's try to keep the core as minimalist--and fast--as possible,
while still doing what it needs to do.  What would that be?  I dunno.
Let's discuss it.

Adam
adam at princeton.edu
"There's a border to somewhere waiting, and a tank full of time." - J. Steinman