[MUD-Dev] Re: PDMud thread summary

ApplePiMan at aol.com ApplePiMan at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 20:05:03 CEST 1998

At 10/22/98 2:43 AM Jon Leonard (jleonard at divcom.slimy.com) altered the
fabric of reality by uttering:

>Possible modules so far:
>
>Bootstrap (module handler)
>Database storage/persistence (relational or Object Oriented)
>Telnet server
>Client/server messaging (for sophisticated clients than telnet)
>Client graphics control
>Magic system
>Movement
>Rooms & objects manager
>Coordinate based location
>Spatial data structures
>on-line building
>Event manager
>Command Parser
>Command Executor

What about a Physics module? Some sort of Sound/Music Manager might also
be worth consideration (at least to the point of making sure we have
builtin 'hooks' for people wanting to supply their own Sound/Music
module).

<snip>

>Project home(s), project maintainer(s):
>
>I'm volunteering to be project maintainer, keeping track of source code,
>releases and so forth.  If someone else wants to, thats fine too.

I'll volunteer to assist you with any "grunt" work associated with that
(or grunt work associated with anything else, for that matter =) ). I
(personally) may be of some minor help in coding, but my coding skills
are, generally speaking, too high-level for a project like this. I'm sure
I'll have plenty of opinions to offer on design issues, though. <g>

-Rick.

Rick Buck, President and CEO  <mailto:rlb at big-i.com>
Beyond Infinity Games, Inc.
See you in The Metaverse! <http://www.big-i.com>