[MUD-Dev] Re: Recursive look

Wed Oct 21 22:11:01 CEST 1998

[Ling:]

 >Comments?

I think it would be interesting to try. I can't say whether I would
like it or not until I tried it. It *could* get annoying, in the same
way that too much reality can get annoying in a game.

 >Out of interest, how do people feel about mundane messages like arrival
 >being 'spiced up'.  Instead of:

Variety is good. Inaccuracy isn't. So, as long as your messages don't
imply something that isn't necessarily true about the event, then
they would be good. In your example, using 'strolls in' instead of
'walks in' suggests something about the way Bubba is walking, which
may not be true. I think you do that if Bubba entered 'stroll west'
instead of 'walk west'. If Bubba entered just 'west' or 'go west',
you likely shouldn't use a descriptive word like 'walk' at all.

--
Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA