[MUD-Dev] Re: Laws of Online World Design

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Tue Oct 13 14:41:41 CEST 1998

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:09:27 -0500
Koster, Raph<rkoster at origin.ea.com> wrote:

> Both the above are now Laws. :)

Its probably also worth retaining a pointer to JWZ's Worse/Better
article as a non-mantrafied legal assertion (well, the title could
be the slogan).

> BTW, I have noticed nobody has quarreled with any of the laws
> yet. Are they all that acceptable? And is this endeavor useful? (I
> am finding it so, but wonder about everyone else).

I'm finding it expressly useful and thought provoking.
Unfortunately(?) timshel (our build machine, a 4 processor Challenge
box) is lightly loaded right now, meaning that builds (done in
parallel, two simultaneous compiles per processor) go *really*
quickly, leaving little time (bugger, the build just finished) for
mail.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com