[MUD-Dev] Re: Storytelling vs. Simulationist (Was Re: Room descriptions)

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Fri Oct 2 10:22:34 CEST 1998

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Brandon J. Rickman wrote:
> [snip good argument against simulation-style muds]
> There is the potential that you might
> log in one day and find that all the characters have been killed and eaten
> by starving wolves.  This is not fun.

Hey now: that's just *your* definition of fun.  You've just pinned
down one of the best parts of sim: big sweeping changes can, and
occasionally do, affect the game world, and there's not always anything
the players can do about it.

Depending on the circumstances, this does sound like fun to me.

Adam W.