[MUD-Dev] Re: Spell components, chemistry, and the like...

Nathan F Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Thu Nov 12 12:48:31 CET 1998

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, quzah [sotfhome] wrote:

:From: Ling <K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk>
:Date: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 6:36 AM

:Greetings again. I'm currently in the process of jotting down info on
:the periodic table, element by element to plunk into my project. I was
:wondering how one goes about finding out the properties of elements/
:compounds like above. (How do I find out say, how brittle iron is?
:Or that gold doesn't react to sulpheric acid, or whatever.)

The Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. Utterly irreplaceable, invaluable
reference. It contains all of that and more. Units of measure, constants
and formulae, astronomical indicies (though not as thorough as the other
books dedicated to those... trust me on this, I use those at work), with
absolutely no instruction as to how to apply these numbers physically. I
suppose for that you need a textbook... Still, a lot of the data is what
you want. I suggest you look in your local library.
--

Nathan F. Yospe - Born in the year of the tiger, riding it forever after
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Dept of Physics, second year senior (joy)