[MUD-Dev] Re: Fwd: Re: [MUD-Dev] Re: My vision for DevMUD

Jon Leonard jleonard at divcom.slimy.com
Wed Nov 4 15:24:37 CET 1998

On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 05:53:18PM -0500, Darrin Hyrup wrote:
[forwarded misdirected email from Sunny Gulati  <sunnywiz at radiks.net>]
> >Big question for all of you working with DevMUD:
> >
> >It sounds very interesting - what I can make of it.  I tried going through
> >the archives and finding out what I could about it.  All I can figure is
> >that you guys are writing a virtual machine for mudding ala JVM; and it
> >had something to do with chip hardware design.   Very confusing.
> >
> >Is there a single place where the final "idea" of what it is you are all
> >working on is archived?   A web site?  a document?  (Or, is that the next
> >step after licensing and devlopment model are worked out?)

I think the proper location is http://frost.slimy.com/devmud/, but the stuff
there is hopelessly out of date.  (It's a week old.)

Is there anyone who would like to keep this up to date?  If no one wants to,
I'll do it, but it's #3 on my DevMUD priority list after:

#1) Document DevMUD intermodule protocol version 0.1
and
#2) Update prototype to use DevMUD intermodule protocol version 0.1.

At this point I think it should be updated to include:

1) The content from "My vision for DevMUD" (with people's comments)

2) A directory of ideas to sort based on how likely we are to implement them
   in the near future.

and

3) A list of open issues.

Jon Leonard