[MUD-Dev] Re: OT: Java multithreading test source

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sat May 23 14:27:37 CEST 1998

On Sat, 23 May 1998, Mike Sellers wrote:

> Wow, hard data.  A graph even.  Very cool.  What is the scale on the y-axis
> though?  Are those milliseconds?  Seconds? Kwatlus?

Also, how did you graph this?  Automated on the output of the
thread test?  (ie, could we all send in output from our respective
runs and then collate them all on a big graph?

Ben

> Also, what's the explanation for the falling lag values for the first few
> (80-120?) threads?

Probably loading all the classes in, and possibly doing the Just In
Time compilation...

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html