[MUD-Dev] Re: Bad Game Designer, No Twinkie! -- By Ernest Adams

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Tue May 19 11:00:04 CEST 1998

On 07:11 AM 5/19/98 -0700, I personally witnessed Koster, Raph jumping up
to say:

>Anyone remember the infamous "Hitchhiker's" Gotcha, whereby if
>you did not feed a sandwich to the dog in the first five moves, near the
>end of the game he ate the microscopic fleet you were in? And speaking
>of lateral thinking and bizarre puzzles, that one fits...

I'd hazard the proposal that anyone who bought the HHGTTG game *expected*
things to be extremely lateral and bizarre, myself. Yes, I was frustrated
as hell and cursed Douglas Adams thousands of times over the course of that
game, but it was pretty much what I was letting myself in for in the first
place...

--
MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.