[MUD-Dev] Re: Some essays I've written lately

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Wed May 13 12:16:54 CEST 1998

On Fri, 8 May 1998 11:21:49 -0500
Koster, Raph<rkoster at origin.ea.com> wrote:

> A Story About A Tree - http://update.owo.com/essay1.shtml

In reference to our telephone conversation, a work-mate visiting from
out of state asked me what the "MUD" entry in my browser bookmarks
was.  In explanation we ran headfirst into the chasm of the definition
of a MUD as purely game, or as a social reality.  I did the usual
handwaving and story telling bit to illuminate, and didn't get farther
than a grudging, "Oh yeah, I guess."

I then passed over a hardcopy of the above.

"Oh!  I get it now..."

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it think.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com

MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.