[MUD-Dev] Re: PK and my "Mobless MUD" idea

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Wed May 6 16:18:28 CEST 1998

On Mon, 4 May 1998 01:43:01 -5
Jon A Lambert<jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Sooner rather than later, some company will put up a pay server that
> will be essentially similar to a virtual bordello.

I question whether services like:

  <URL:http://www.ifriend.net>

Haven't done this already.

<<Odd really.  I bet that someone would do a porn service based on
cheap digital cameras 3 years ago.  Seems I was slightly off -- or
could have got in early and made a boatload instead>>

> It will share
> many characteristics in common with muds, the perpetrators will make
> lots of money, and some of us will be posting on better ways to
> design and implement realistic NPC orgasms.  ;)

IFriend offers an interesting middle ground: anonymous reality.  It
doesn't need simulation, merely detachment.  Then again a quick poke
around doesn't reveal anyone I happen to know there -- which would be
quite, err, interesting.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com

MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.