[MUD-Dev] Re: There can be.. only ONE! (fwd)

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Mon May 4 11:10:32 CEST 1998

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:48:14 +0000 (GMT)
Matt Chatterley<matt at mpc.dyn.ml.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, J C Lawrence wrote:

>> Note: I'm not alking about a system enforced or guided justice
>> system, but a set of tools which players can use to assemble their
>> own justice system on the fly.

> Ah. <Further pondering>.

> I recall some of the justice stuff you were talking
> about. Hmm. Giving players a way to take prisoner members of their
> team (well, anyone).. then they could set up whatever sort of court
> they wanted wherever they wanted.. hmm. What other tools would they
> need, given that they already have weapons?

Hurm.  Given the basic if-it-moves-kill-it basis for the game, I'd
suggest adding two features:

  -- ability to subdue and restrain a character.

  -- slow death forms (eg poisoning, infectious disease, strangulation
etc).

The rest should pretty well be handled with the rest of your game
supports, especially the tactical comms.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com

MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.