[MUD-Dev] Hello, and a brief intro

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sat Mar 14 10:41:26 CET 1998

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, cimri wrote:

> There you are JC Lawrence, and Nathan, and who the heck ever else is on
> this list!  Found you!
>
> Greetings, friends and all,

Welcome aboard!

> Anyway, some of you may remember my brief (perhaps a few months) attempt
> at starting up a small discussion group on developing a mud
> driver/engine/whatever that could be used commercially, without the
> usual non-commercial use license restrictions.

I have a server I've written from scratch, and can therefore charge for it
if I want.  I don't plan on it, but I'd be willing to license it to
someone who did want to charge, provided I got a percentage.  I'm not
going to sell or give away the 'world' though, at least not yet.  First of
all, my builders wrote much of it, and secondly, I want to have a unique
MUD :)

The server is free for non-comercial use and the source code can be
found on my web page...

It's still beta, so work would need to be done.  I don't know about
taking on extra coders, but if you're really interested we might could
work out something....  I will of course continue to release fixes as I
make them....

> I am situated now in Seattle and am putting up a web site which will do
> mud reviews cuz it looks like that would be useful.

I would agree on that one..see the spamage on RGMA.

Ben aka Grock

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html