[MUD-Dev] Re: Embedded languages was Re: Databases: was Re: skill system

Tue Jun 30 21:39:30 CEST 1998

[Vadim Tkachenko:]

 >Anybody tried Forth-like languages?  Last time I heard, it claimed to be
 >faster than assembler, and reverse polish notation is not that bad, but
 >I honestly don't remember ever hearing its dialects being
 >object-oriented...

Er, by definition, nothing is faster than assembler. Depending on the
level of the 'words' you add in assembler to a Forth system, you might
be able to get half the speed of assembler. Somewhat less than that
is more likely.

Unless you are really used to it, Forth can be somewhat write-only.
(Not that bad to produce, but hard to read.)

Also isn't "muf" Multi-User-Forth inside Muck or Mush or something?