[MUD-Dev] Re: Levelless MUDs

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Wed Jun 17 11:44:17 CEST 1998

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Adam Wiggins wrote:
> IMO it's not necessary.  I was turned off to it (and Mercs in general)
> very early in my mud career when I spent over an hour trying to kill a
> tough mob by myself, finally managing it only to get the message "Sorry,
> you need 10 more levels before you can wield this."

Erm, re-reading this I noticed that I should probably explain it slighty
better, as it sounds above like I was trying to wield a corpse. :)

It should read:

...I saw a mobile I thought I could take wielding a really cool-looking
weapon.  I spent over an hour fighting it (flee, run back to healer, run
back, jump it again) until I finally managed to kill it.  I got the weapon
from the corpse and tried to wield it only to find that I was many levels
away from being able to use it.

Adam