[MUD-Dev] Re: stuff that makes me leave (was Re: In game bulletin...)

Katrina McClelan kitkat at the486.bradley.edu
Mon Jun 15 16:21:43 CEST 1998

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Ben Greear wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Richard Woolcock wrote:

> >    <20hp 52e 100mv NESW> consider frog
> >    Attacking and suicide are equivalent.
> >
> > Frogs...snails...worms...surely a starting character shouldn't be THAT
> > weak?
>
> That must be one bad assed frog! :)

Well, it might be.... was it a *giant* frog?  There is difference between
"a frog" the slimy little thing that you could squish by stepping on it,
and a 2 and a half foot tall giant amphibian.  That said, I know the type.
Rabbits, cats, snails, etc...  The weakest things in my mud are some of
the giant bugs/rodents that have less than a full hit dice.  Killing orcs
and goblins and such at level 1 IS plausible.  Just hope you don't get
outnumbered or run in to a "big" orc.

-Kat