[MUD-Dev] Re: Ansii color, needing some specs and or pointers.

Thu Jul 30 08:22:16 CEST 1998

[Vadim Tkachenko:]

 >An idea for you (that's how I implemented it): telnet protocol handler
 >is a container, and options are the objects, so as you add the option to
 >the container, it automatically CAN/WILL it (depending on the context),
 >and if you remove it, it CAN'T/WON'T (side question: are all telnet
 >clients/servers safe to the attempt to renegotiate the options not at
 >the very start of the session, but somewhere in between? Guess most of
 >them, because otherwise it would be a pain in the neck to resize the
 >Xterminal...)

NAWS works OK any time, as far as I've seen (Negotiate About Window
Size). However, echo negotiation works poorly with some telnet clients.
(I wanted to use it so that I could go into server-echo mode to be
able to blank passwords, then go back to client-echo mode so that
single characters didn't have to go to the server and back.)

--
Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA