[MUD-Dev] Re: WIRED: Kilers have more fun

Koster Koster
Thu Jul 23 18:40:04 CEST 1998

Alignment and reputation are not necessarily equivalent at all. A
reputation system a la UO (or for that matter a la EBay auction site)
are more for the sake of players trying to identify one another's
behavior patterns quickly and easily. UO's scale has three
factors--player-reported bad deeds, which are analogous to this sort of
reputation; "karma" which is analogous to alignment, and has virtually
no effect on the game proper except a title; and "fame" which is
basically experience points. These three things go into a title players
can see.

-Raph