[MUD-Dev] More on Informix Linux release

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Thu Jul 23 10:32:50 CEST 1998

------- Forwarded Message

From: Rick Moen <rick at hugin.imat.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 98 21:01:56 -0700
Subject: Re: [svlug] Informix released

I just talked to Don Marti, who's on the the floor of the Informix
Worldwide Users' Conference.  Informix SE, an established medium-sized SQL
engine, has now been _released_, and they're handing out CD-ROMs at the
conference.

The database uses libc 5.x, and therefore is certified to run on  S.u.S.E.
and Caldera, but I suppose ought to run fine on any Linux having a
libc.so.5.* lib.  It does not require a special partition, and runs fine
on ext2.

Further, the "Linux Developer Bundle" being handed out on CD at the
conference is available for ftp.  See: http://www.informix.com/linux/.
This includes free (gratis) development licences.  Runtime licences  must
be bought separately.

- --
Cheers,               I am the very model of a modern Unix sysadmin,
Rick Moen             I've information relevant to programs in slash usr bin,
rick at hugin.imat.com   I know the tricks of emacs and the vi bugs historical,
                      From a to ZZ upper case, in order categorical.
                                -- Harley Hahn, The Unix Sysadmin Song
- --