[MUD-Dev] Re: WIRED: Kilers have more fun

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Tue Jul 7 14:13:21 CEST 1998

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, S. Patrick Gallaty wrote:
> One thing I don't understand about the UO system - it's very forgiving.
> A career thief will be 'blue' to people in general even if they steal all
> the time...

Is this so bad?  Most fantasy-based stories seem to have the wily thief
who can't keep their hands to themselves - for example Silke from the
Eddings books, the Kender in Dragonlance, or even Bilbo the Burglar (not
exactly a career thief I know, but a thief nonetheless).  I'd say that
being a career thief is reasonble to expect in a fantasy world, and is not
necessarily destructive behavior; at least, nowhere near the scale of a
career murderer.

Adam