[MUD-Dev] Re: You think users won't number crunch and statistise your MUD?

Thu Jul 2 16:09:39 CEST 1998

[Travis S. Casey:]

 >Heck, if I were to set up such a system, I'd probably put the details of
 >how it "really works" on the web myself, for those interested in it.
 >There's nothing that stops hackers from trying to "crack" something better
 >than the fact that the info's free for anyone to download.

Then you get a different kind of problem - people scrutinzing things
very closely, looking for loopholes, optimizations, etc. And you'll
get folks demanding small changes that will make it "much better". If
you listen to them, you end with rules designed by a committee. They
might actually be good rules - the ones that ended up in the later
versions of the Empire games (completely rule driven) were pretty good.

--
Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA