[MUD-Dev] Commercial value of RP

Miroslav Silovic silovic at zesoi.fer.hr
Thu Jan 8 16:55:01 CET 1998

Mike Sellers <mike at online-alchemy.com> writes:

> There's little diku influence in M59, at least not intentional
> influence.  There have been two pretty distinct groups who play
> though; some come to kill things, others to socialize (many in both
> groups have never played muds or RPGs before).  The interesting
> thing is that both groups tend to cross-over, having found the joys
> of the others' activities.  As for real role-playing, well... that's
> a rare thing, I'm afraid.  The designers' fault as much as the
> players, if not more.  :-/

Which is strange with a commercial game. I'd think that it would be
possible to design a way to financially compensate players who turn
former hack/social MUD into immersive roleplaying experience (MUSHers
do it for free... ;) ) - in the form of free hours, for instance.

Of course, the challenge is to do it in the way that'd be fair to all
the players.

--
I refuse to use .sig