Tutorial: Let's build a Compiler! - Part I: Introductio

s001gmu at nova.wright.edu s001gmu at nova.wright.edu
Fri Feb 27 13:52:26 CET 1998

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Chris Gray wrote:

[...]

> I'll be commenting on this after I've seen it all, from the viewpoint
> of someone who has done a very similar project (produce a small compiler,
> generating 68000 code, which was designed as a tutorial, and was
> accompanied by explanatory articles intended for publication). So far,
> I'm fascinated by both the similarities in approach, and by some of
> the differences. When I comment, later, I'll make my stuff available
> for ftp as well.

absolutely cool.  I'd love to read anything else similar to what this
series of articles looks like.  Compilers is an area I am woefully
unkowledgeable about.  I've been pondering how to build one into a mud, or
at least an interpreter, just trying to see if I can figgure it out for
myself.  :)

> Was this published in any magazines, etc. of the time?

Aye,  I second that request.  Can you divulge your source?  If I can get
this off the web, I may read ahead a bit... ;)

*goes searching for that web-browser thing to do a web search*  I knew
it'd come in handy some day.  :)

-Greg