The MLI Project

s001gmu at nova.wright.edu s001gmu at nova.wright.edu
Wed Feb 18 11:30:36 CET 1998

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 coder at ibm.net wrote:

> We don't have a GUI which moves focus according to eyeball focal point yet
> -- tho I'm sure Playboy's research dept would love to see one.

Actually, I saw something like this recently.  It's still very much in
it's developement stage, but it's a headband you could wear.  It measured
the movements of certian muscles and tracked the mouse cursor off it.  The
designer is quite amazing with it, and a lot of people can use it
pretty well, but a lot of people just can't get it to work.
They had it set up to run as mouse-aiming of your gun in quake.  people
playing that way kick serious butt (no more hand-eye coordination delay!)

it's fairly expensive ($1500 for a setup), but with the way technology is
going now days...

-Greg