MUD Development Digest

Dr. Cat cat at bga.com
Sun Feb 8 16:30:08 CET 1998

> Date:  Wed, 4 Feb 1998 20:34:10 -0700 (MST)
> From:  Adam Wiggins <nightfall at user1.inficad.com>
> Subject:  Re: [MUD-Dev]  Monthly FAQ posting
>
> [Koster, Raph:]
> > and Dr Cat's Furcadia (and its former
> > incarnation--still same basic engine though, right Dr Cat?) both merit
> > inclusion for their importance to the development of the commercial
>
> Got my girlfriend playing this one.  Seems to be doing pretty well -
> every time she's been on there's been close to, or over, 100 players.

Looks like I missed the original post this was in, just saw this snippet of it
quoted in a reply to it.

The predecessor to Furcadia was DragonSpires, and yes, Furcadia was built by
taking that engine and adding to it and changing some things.

Hopefully we'll be getting a lot bigger than 100 players soon, when we put out
the next major upgrade - and I'll probably have to arrange for a more powerful
server machine soon.  I'm back on the project full-time now, with the fellow
that programmed the first implementation of TCP/IP (and later founded PSInet) as
a minority investor in the company.