Ada?

Andrew C.M. McClintock mcclintocka at tiger.hsc.edu
Tue Feb 3 14:12:19 CET 1998

Out of curiosity has anyone played around with Ada, and/or Ada within
the framework of mudding at all? The language has piqued my curiosity,
and I am currently learning more about it, and naturally I wondered
if it was a suitable (or even ideal?) language for programming (or
embedding in) a MUD. From what I have gathered Ada was designed to be
fairly simple to learn, robust enough for real-time programming, and
is standardized. One thing I did notice (reading a comparison of c++
and Ada at www.adahome.com) is that Ada does not have multiple inheritance,
though I haven't explored the language enough to see if there is a
alternative or even if there should be.

Any comments or discussion are welcome, if not list-side, email is fine.
Thanks,

-Andrew