[MUD-Dev] Re: Re[2]:[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD Design doc (long)

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Mon Dec 21 15:36:24 CET 1998

On 18 Dec 1998 15:32:04 -0600
Michael Willey<Michael.Willey at abnamro.com> wrote:

> Another problem: How do you protect players from the ravages of
> real lag?  Wouldn't that leave their characters as drooling
> idiots, standing around being punching bags for their opponents?

You might like to do an archive search for "combat packages".  I had
a largely working design (which I'm now moving away from for other
reasons) to allow extensive server-side automation of player
characters for precisely such reasons -- and because I don't remove
characters from the game world when their players log out.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
(Contractor)                             Internet: coder at kanga.nu
---------(*)                    Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...