[MUD-Dev] Re: DIS: Client-Server vs Peer-to-Peer

Marc Hernandez marc at ias.jb.com
Fri Dec 18 17:54:13 CET 1998

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Ola Fosheim [iso-8859-1] Gr=F8stad wrote:

> Niklas Elmqvist wrote:

> > lines of "Working Together". It is no coincidence that groupware is so
> > hype these days, the worth of a group being greater than the sum of the=
ir
> > parts and all that.
> Sometimes... Surprisingly often does the sum of individual effort score h=
igher
> than group effort, in my experience...

=09This is true in certain cases.  However could one person build a
747?  Could one person invade country X?  Can one person fight tyrrany?  I
hope its not just me that is getting ... annoyed at games that place the
genocide of entire races into the hands of one person.  If we think a
little and imagine a fantasy environment, the descending orcish hordes
would take everyone to fight off.  Admittadly a small band or even a
person alone could sneak in and at least disrupt things quite a bit but to
stop mass takes an equal mass.
=09That said I think group work in schools (including college) is a
silly idea that lets people float through but I digress.

Marc Hernandez