[MUD-Dev] Re: mud client development systems

Per Vognsen vognsen at post10.tele.dk
Mon Dec 14 13:41:26 CET 1998

Sunny Gulati wrote:

[snip]

> On the various people who are.. umm.. puzzled at my insistance on running
> this over a telnet session.. I took a close look at my motivation, and this
> is what I found:
>
> 1. I'm not an awesome C hacker.  Playing around with a driver, dealing with
> binary streams coming straight from a socket, scares me.   Especially when I
> don't have a crystal clear idea of my communications protocols.

You said you were using LPC, right? Well, here's a useable solution to
your
problem (I think, at least :); use socket-efuns. I think they're
described in the
doc/concepts/socket-efuns file in the MudOS distribution. After reading
it,
they rest should be pretty obvious. If not, mail me.

--
Twice and twice shall he be marked. Twice to live, and twice to die.
Once the heron, to set his path. Twice the heron, to name him true.

Per Vognsen (Phaerus)                 Head-Programmer of Ashandar.
vognsen at post10.tele.dk                ICQ: 12808824