[MUD-Dev] Re: Introduction

Mik Clarke mikclrk at ibm.net
Mon Dec 7 22:01:33 CET 1998

Adam J. Thornton wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 06, 1998 at 09:31:36PM +0000, Mik Clarke wrote:
> > At the moment I'm worlking on CthulhuMud, which is a Sunder base and I'm
> > attempting to add a lot more RP elements.  Additions so far include
> > professions, comparative skills, guns, conditional exits, exits with
> > conditional destinations, conditional object and room descriptions, and
> > structured conversations for mobs.  Right now I'm halfway through
> > reworking the mobprogs and triggers and adding quests, deeds and
> > factoids. The code base will be available when I've finished it.
>
> Have you talked with Chaosium about licensing?  This might get ugly if you
> make it a freely-available product, and *will* get ugly if you want to take
> it commercial.

Shouldn't be a problem.  Firstly it's non-comercial. Secondly the Mythos
was one of the first 'collaborative writing' experiments, and it's left
the copyright in a strange state. As I understand it, anyone can use the
Mythos (or at least HPLs elements of it) in their own works. Thirdly
we're not copying the CoC RPG system. I think we're sufficiently
different to stand on our own.

Mik

--
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/2260