[MUD-Dev] Re: The 'consider' command

Damion Schubert zjiria at texas.net
Thu Aug 27 00:16:21 CEST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Woolcock <KaVir at dial.pipex.com>

>For those who haven't been following rec.games.mud.diku, I thought you
>might be interested in taking a look at the following post.

It's an interesting idea.  When mucking with a 'consider' command,
though, you really have to keep in focus what the point of that consider
command is.  If the goal is to mirror reality, and the way that your senses
operate, then this is an excellent first step.  On the other hand, if your
goal is to keep newbies from attacking things that will slaughter them
instantly... it loses some of it's appeal.