[MUD-Dev] Re: Question for the list (Semi-OT)

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sun Aug 16 13:05:58 CEST 1998

I'd try poking around with the netstat options.  If nothing
there directly, then I'd grab the source somewhere and
dig through it.  It would seem the information is there
somewhere!

On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Nathan F Yospe wrote:

> I've been trying to wrangle the solution to a problem for ages - I've heard
> of, but never located, an application that's supposed to have the capacity,
> but... there's a lot of knowledgeable people on this group. Maybe you know.
>
> It's mud related, at least for me, but a minor technical detail.
>
> What I'm looking for is a way, on a generalized unix platform, to track the
> process that is currently binding a descriptor to a socket, and return that
> process's pid, without su access...
>
> For example, while on the host machine, I'd like to be able to make a call,
> int p_id = get_owner(short portnum); Where I say p_id = get_owner(5000). It
> seems like there should be some way to recover this, but... *shrug*
> --
>
> Nathan F. Yospe - Aimed High, Crashed Hard, In the Hanger, Back Flying Soon
>
> --
> MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html