[MUD-Dev] Re: Adverts in email on the list.

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Sat Aug 8 19:58:45 CEST 1998

To me, it sounds awfully draconian to ban these people.  If for
whatever reason, they don't have a real account, then there
is even more reason to bring them into the light, not shut
them forever in darkness!

I don't want to see 20 line adverts, but .sig size ones are
not nearly as offensive as the junk mail I (and probably
most everyone else) receive daily.

I think that more verbage, resources, and time have been
wasted on debating this than could be accounted for in
a year's worth of what we are talking about banning.

As my friend said, Don't have a $1000 meeting to fix a $100
problem!

later,

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html