[MUD-Dev] Re: Question regarding Java threads

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Wed Aug 5 22:58:59 CEST 1998

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Vadim Tkachenko wrote:

> > Of course the full solution is for everyone to use my not-yet-written
> > Java client, which connects in a binary mode which doesn't even have
> > the concept of a character mode. :-/
>
> Hold on a second, I might forget some details, but isn't it right that a
> character mode _IS_ a binary mode with the command sequences in between?
>
> > Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA

I don't even have a concept of telnet, other than you can telnet into
my mud.  Just read from a socket, write to a socket.

My java client does the same, and sends data in large chunks (ie after
return is entered).

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html