[MUD-Dev] Re: MAPPING: Creating a bitmaped graphic from map coordinates

s001gmu at nova.wright.edu s001gmu at nova.wright.edu
Thu Apr 23 13:20:20 CEST 1998

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, John Bertoglio wrote:

> [...]

Thanks.  As one of that 'some of us', I appriciate it.  :)

> The data is stored in a VisualFoxPro table as integers. Essentialy,
> the system takes HTML form input and outputs database reports formated
> in HTML. What I was hoping to to do was find a graphics format that
> would accept a series of strings, something like:
> 1,1,FF0000,;1,2,00FFFF etc. where the first two numbers represented
> the x,y coordinates and the next string the RGB hex values. I could
> easily convert the coords to hex as well... Thank you for the help.

As Jon Leonard pointed out a couple messages ago, PPM is pretty easy.

Check out

for a full description of PPM format.

has a list of gobs of image formats.

LING: you may want to add that to the useful URLs section of the FAQ.
      I know it's going in my bookmarks.  :)

<OT>
> MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.

Every time I see this, I read it as 'Advancing an unrealistic future'.
heh.  Mayhaps I will work on consciously overridign that... maybe not.  ;)
</OT>

-Greg

--
MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.